Core to our DNA is to perpetually seek ways to continuously improve everything we do.
We see innovation, research and creativity as key to our ongoing goal of continuous improvement.
Our pathologists and scientists make countless scientific contributions to improve the application of laboratory diagnostics. As experts in their respective disciplines, they are actively engaged in:
- Developing new laboratory diagnostics
- Evaluating existing diagnostic tests
- Defining indications for laboratory diagnostics
- Enhancing interpretation of laboratory test results
- Setting standards for the performance of laboratory diagnostics
We seek to innovate in ways to enhance our services, tools, and products so as to aid treating doctors in gaining diagnostic insights into the care of patients.
A few notable Australian innovations pioneered by Dorevitch Pathology:
- First private Australian pathology practice to achieve ISO 9000 accreditation.
- First private Australian pathology practice to achieve AS 4308 accreditation standard in its toxicology laboratory.
- First private pathology laboratory within a public hospital (Williamstown Hospital) in mid-1970's.
- First private pathology practice to provide pathologist registrar training.
- First private Australian pathology practice to implement a clinical trials division in 1985.
- First Australian pathology practice to implement a single piece workflow for chemistry, immunoassay and infectious serology (via workcell automation).
- First Australian pathology practice to implement population screening under the national bowel cancer screening project.